Ocean State Update - Your Link to Nutrition and Health
The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for the Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award. Nominations with brief letter of peer/student recommendation discussing teaching skills, mentoring, leadership, etc. to be submitted by January 1, 2015 to
Criteria for Selection of Outstanding Educators:
1. Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
2. Faculty with academic or supervised practice appointments in ACEND‐accredited dietetics education programs:
-Coordinated Program in Dietetics
-Didactic Program in Dietetics
-Dietetic Technician Program
3. Demonstrated innovative teaching skills and techniques.
4. Demonstrated mentoring as documented by letters from students (limit three letters per nominee).
5. Demonstrated leadership; e.g., national, state, or district dietetic association activities, community service, honors received, scientific and professional presentations, publications, employment, etc.