Ocean State Update - Your Link to Nutrition and Health
Attention all members! The Board of Directors have made revisions to the Rhode Island Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Bylaws. These proposed revisions are posted here and will be available for comment until March 17, 2015. After which time the Board of Directors will vote on the proposed changes, taking into consideration all member comments.
Comments should be emailed to the Affiliate President Donna Castricone at
Are you a student interested in public policy?
Apply here to attend the Public Policy workshop this year.
The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for the Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award. Nominations with brief letter of peer/student recommendation discussing teaching skills, mentoring, leadership, etc. to be submitted by January 1, 2015 to
Criteria for Selection of Outstanding Educators:
1. Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
2. Faculty with academic or supervised practice appointments in ACEND‐accredited dietetics education programs:
-Coordinated Program in Dietetics
-Didactic Program in Dietetics
-Dietetic Technician Program
3. Demonstrated innovative teaching skills and techniques.
4. Demonstrated mentoring as documented by letters from students (limit three letters per nominee).
5. Demonstrated leadership; e.g., national, state, or district dietetic association activities, community service, honors received, scientific and professional presentations, publications, employment, etc.