Awards Call for Nominations, 2014 RIDA Awards
||VOTE FOR OUR FUTURE!
The Academy elections are just around the corner. Voting will open on Saturday, February 1, 2014 and will close on Saturday, February 22, 2014. Candidate information is now posted at www.eatright.org/elections. Set your alarm! Mark your calendar! Vote early!
• Every vote counts! Every opinion counts! We want to hear from you!
• You are shaping your future and the Academy's.
• It is your privilege and responsibility as an Academy member (even if you are not an American citizen) to choose the people you want to represent you and lead the profession.
• You can make the profession stronger by choosing the most qualified candidates.
• Our profession is facing many challenges. We will be better prepared to achieve our strategic goals if you and all of our members are fully engaged.
• You can change the world! "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
What's in it for you?
• You will be instrumental in forming an impressive new future for our profession.
• You will be laying the path for your own future volunteerism and leadership by selecting dedicated people are willing to serve the Academy.
• You will help the profession move forward on important issues such as:
• Health care reform and how the Affordable Care Act will affect our jobs and our salaries.
• What the future practice of dietetics will look like.
• How we prepare our students and practitioners to be more competitive.
How do I vote?
• Go to: http://www.eatright.org/elections on Saturday, February 1.
• Click on candidate biographical information to read and compare the candidates.
• Electronically vote for the candidates of your choice, following the directions on the site.
• It is desirable (but not necessary) to vote for all candidates on the ballot.
Sunday, April 13 2014
SAVE THE DATE
See Events page for more information
Thursday, February 27, 2014 - "Data Optimization in Population Management". 8:30–9:30 am via webinar or in person at RI Department of Health Auditorium, 3 Capitol Hill, Providence.
March 20, 2014 - Board Meeting at Miriam Hospital, 6:00 pm
March 21, 2014 - LOW FODMAP Diet Workshop, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 - National Nutrition Month ~ R&D Night! at Meritage Restaurant,East Greenwich from 6pm to 8pm
Thursday, April 10 2014 - Food For Thought, Trends in Patient Feeding -George Auditorium,
Rhode Island Hospital, from 7:15 AM – 12:30 PM
April 13 2014 - 11th Annual RIDA Nutrition Fuels Fitness 5k Run/Walk - Goddard Park, Warwick, Rhode Island
July 12-13, 2014 - Conference: Worksite Wellness and The Business of Nutrition Consulting Braintree, MA
Meeting Minutes from the latest Board Meetings can be found in the For Members Only area in archived articles or special announcments